– Wake up Ty. (pillow slapping) – [Connie] And this is what we go through. Tyler does not wake up. – He doesn’t wake up. Watch this. (bedsprings creaking) (laughter) He’s still asleep. Come on, here. Tyler, wake up dude. Wake. (laughter) Oh no he finally snapped out of it. – Did you see his face, though? He was like (Kayla groans). (Shawn groans)
(laughter) – Are any of you guys like that? Do you not wake up in the morning? Do you need to be hit with
the pillow over and over, or jumped on? (laughs) Comment below. Are you like that? (upbeat rock music) – Good morning, everybody! It is Shawn from “We Are The Davises,” and I have my little Kayla-boo right here, and my lovely wife, Connie. – What about me? – And my awesome little flyer guy. – What? I’m the flyer. – Well, you’re the flyer girl, he’s the flyer guy. We’re all a bunch of–
– Since when does he fly? – Since yesterday. We all flew. – Oh yeah.
– Right? That was pretty awesome. – I got my sweater on. – Kayla’s got her iFLY sweater on, cause she flies, cause she’s a flyer.
– Woohoo. – But it is competition day, and it’s bright and early here, in Tampa Bay, Florida. – And I gotta get this girl ready. – So– – We gotta straighten her hair right now, and then start putting makeup– – I’ve already done some. – Yeah, We just started, but we gotta keep going, so… – We’ll get her all gussied up, get this boy to wake up a little bit, get some food in him, and get our hotel cleaned up, and we’re out of here. So, we’ll–
– Forever gone. – Yeah, gone for ever! Never comin back. Just kiddin’, we love
this town, it’s awesome. But anyway, we are going
to watch Kayla get ready, so let’s go follow her
into the bathroom here, and see. Oh! I’m falling out of the screen. – It’s girling time. (Kayla groans) It’s time to get this hair straight. (upbeat techno music) – [Shawn] So, Kayla’s got her outfit on. – Trying to glue her hair. We’re trying to glue her hair up. She’s got little wispies
in the back that barely fit in the pony-tail. And so–
– Wispies. – So, I’m working on stages of trying to get the hairs to stay up, and then I keep pulling the pony-tail out, and then I re-brush it till all the hairs stay in the pony-tail. So, it’s like a three-step process. It’s kinda crazy. (upbeat techno music) We need to dress her up today, and put makeup on her. – [Shawn] Not grown-up makeup; competition makeup. – It’s for the lights on the stage, ’cause they wash the girls out. So, they make them wear some color. (upbeat techno music) – [Shawn] You’re very cute. Look at my little baby. – We’re gonna put on my lipstick. – [Shawn] Oh lipstick. Gussied up. (upbeat techno music) While mommy gets Kayla all gussied up, Tyler is playing video-games. – Okay, we are heading out now. – I gotta put on lip gloss in the car. – Yep, Kayla’s letting her lips dry, and then she’s gonna put her gloss on, but you look really gorgeous, darling. – Thanks.
– Are you ready? – Want me to do a spin?
– Yeah. There’s her spin. (laughter) She’s gonna go join the girls, they’re gonna do some… – Some winning – Yeah, rooting on the other teams. Her team doesn’t go on
for a couple of hours, but they still need ’em all together, so that we can get checked in. So, we’re heading out right now. – Yes.
– You know what? I wanna see Vanessa’s routine, but I might not be able to, because– – Her team goes on before her routine. Vanessa’s team goes on
before her, so that’s– – Is it right before?
– Yes. – Like they go, and then I go right after. – You’re like 20 minutes
apart from each other, so I don’t know how that’s gonna work, but you’ll be warming up. Anyways, we will get this figured out, but we’re gonna head out now, because we gotta meet
the other team members in about 20 minutes. So, we’re inside the stadium right now, and Kayla’s hangin’ out with her group. We’re gonna go and do
warmups in a couple minutes. Right? – Yes. – So, they’re gonna hang out here, and just watch the other girls
perform out on the stage. – Yes. – Wish her luck. – Good luck! We love you! – Good luck, baby. – Woo! Our baby!
– Yay! – Let’s go watch! (upbeat electric guitar music) Alright, we just got through cheering on a bunch of our zone cheer teams and– – They did awesome. – Yeah, they did really really good. There’s a lot of excitement
in here right now. Energy is high. – The announcer’s really loud. – We’re waiting for the
announcer to finish. – [Announcer] Cheer all-stars! – Hey! – [Shawn And Connie] Hey! – Hi! What’s your name?
– Meghan. – Meghan, nice to meet you, Meghan. – Nice to meet you guys. Good luck Kayla! – Thank you! She’s in the staging area right now. They’re getting ready to go to warmups. (rock music) (girls shouting) – Hi! – My name is Morgan… (girls shouting) – [Announcer] From Ponte Vedra, Florida, put your hands together for “Song Unsung,” Cheer Allstars. (cheering) (“Song Unsung”) (upbeat techno music) – [Connie] Hi, Kayla! Congratulations, you guys did so awesome! Where are we going now? – I don’t know. – [Connie] You don’t know? I think we can go shopping in a minute. – (laughs) Okay. – Here’s my girl. – We’re gonna go bows shopping, ’cause we get a bow every competition. – Yes, we gotta go bow
shopping in a minute. Okay, we’re attempting to go shopping. And in the mean-time, we keep meeting DFF’s You’re awesome. – Everywhere!
– Woo! – Hello! – Hi! So, anyway, from here, we’re gonna look at some bows, right? Well, we’re gonna look at bows right now. – I like this one. – [Connie] Pretty cool. Well, hang on to it. Lets look at some more and make sure. – I like this one. – [Connie] That’s cute. – [Kayla] It’s not… There’s so many colors, though. This one. – [Connie] That’s pretty. That’s a nice bow too. Okay. – This one. We’re talking about getting this bow. It says, “I flip,” and it’s got so much glitter on it. I love it. – [Connie] That’s the bow of the day. – Yes. They’re comps for the competition. – [Connie] So, we’ll get that. Let’s look at what else they have. – Okay. I think we’re gonna get this shirt. – [Connie] Hold it up to you. – And then it has words on the back, a lot of words. Yeah, I didn’t have a very big breakfast. I had like half a Poptart. (laughs) – Poor little Kayla, spendin’ up all her energy, has to get some food now, before the next show starts. We have one more group before awards. So, here is some of our DFF’s. Say hi! – [Girls] Hi! – What’s your name? – Mia.
– Mia. – And Julia.
– Julia. Nice to meet you! – [Mia And Julia] You too. – We met a whole bunch
of these girls here, and they’re so sweet! (upbeat techno music) It’s time for awards. – Yes. – Fingers crossed. We’ll see how it goes. – Number one, baby. Number one. – But you guys remember it’s not about what you win, or if you win anything, it’s about the experience, right? – Yeah. (Connie laughs) – Hi!
– Hi! – [Girls] Hi! (cheers) (upbeat techno music) – Forth place congratulations, Zone Cheer All Stars-Soul. (cheers) Great job! In third place… (girls chanting) – Okay, so, we are heading out. Kayla, they got fourth place
on the first competition, which is really still very very good. And like I said, it’s about the experience, right? You had fun? – Uh-huh. – We are now going to the car, and I think we’re gonna
start heading home. – Let’s go home! – Did you have fun?
– Yeah. – Yeah?
– Yeah. – That’s it, yeah?
– Yeah. – [Connie] Did you have fun, Tyler? – Yeah. – [Connie] Did you watch Kayla? – Yeah. (Connie laughs) – We gotta get the doggies. We might make it on time to get the dogs from Pet Paradise, ’cause Pet Paradise closes at five, and we think we’re gonna make
it in at like, like four– – In five minutes early.
– Yeah. – [Connie] We might, if we’re lucky, and we don’t hit traffic. – Yes.
– So that– – The doggies are gonna
be so excited to see us, and we’re gonna be so excited to see them, and it’s just gonna be fun, and happy. – [Connie] (laughing) So,
it’s a race with the clock. Hopefully, we’ll make it in
time to pick up the babies. – And I have Chex Mix. – [Connie] Yay. So, everybody’s kinda getting
their little snack on. Shawn’s driving, so he’s– – I’m just focused on the
road, and the mission. – [Connie] Yep, got a mission. – I’m on a mission to get the doggies. – So, nobody drank water, or anything, because we gotta get there
without havin’ to make any stops. It might be possible. Fingers crossed. We gotta get the doggies. – I have popcorn. – You got popcorn?
– With sea salt. – Pop, pop popcorn. Pop, pop, pop popcorn. – I used to have white cheddar, but someone wanted my white cheddar, so I traded for their sea salt. – [Connie] (laughs) Good choice. Good choice. Good choice. – Yum. – [Connie] I feel like I should… We wanna know more about how
the experience was for you. – Surprised. – [Connie] Surprised? – I’m surprised like that, I wasn’t, sadder? Like, last year I would cry, but I think I’m getting tougher about it, but we’re gonna win next time. – [Connie] It is the truth, though. It’s about the experience. It’s not about the placement in the end, I don’t think. – But I like winning. – [Connie] ‘Cause we had fun going, right? We had fun at the hotel, we had fun going sky-diving, indoor skydiving. – Yeah, but I like winning too. – [Connie] Well, winning’s cool, but what do you get for winning? A medal? – Yes. And bragging rights. (laughs) – [Connie] And bragging rights. I guess that’s worth it. (laughter) But you guys did good. I think you did awesome, and I had so much fun
watching you do the pyramids, and all your tumbling. You do so good. – Yay.
– Yay! So, I know we said we weren’t gonna show any of the routine, but we figured out a
way to show snippets of the experience that we had, and that’s what you saw just now. So, I know we were saying, “No, no, you get nothin’.” But through a little
bit of artistic magic, we were able to throw in a
montage of this and that, so I hope you guys enjoyed it. We made it. – [Connie And Shawn] Yay. – They’re gonna be so
excited when they see us. Look it! There’s Hershey. Do you think that he sees us?
– No. – [Connie] He doesn’t see us does he? – [Kayla] They’re all wet. – [Man] The windows are tinted, so– – [Connie] Oh they can’t see out? I mean see in?
– Yeah. (dogs barking)
(Kayla laughs) – [Connie] Oh, look at ’em. – [Kayla] This is what
happens when they get wet. They like start playing with each other. – [Connie] That’s funny. – [Kayla] That’s why they play so rough. – I think that we did good, huh Ty? – Yeah.
(Kayla laughs) I’m really cold. – Yeah, it cooled off. It was a lot warmer
where we just came from. – [Kayla] Princess! – [Connie] Yay! Our babies. – They’re a little bit wet. We tried drying them off for you, though. – [Connie] Hi, babies. – Hi big baby. Hi baby. – They’re cute. – Thank you. Alright, we got our pups, and we’re heading home now. – Time to go home! – So we made it back home, and Kayla is now working
on a little bit of homework that she had to do this weekend. Luckily, we got home at
a decent time, right? – Yay. (Connie laughs) Some girls are still there
watching the other teams. – [Connie] Yeah, it goes
late for some of the girls. We would have had to miss tomorrow, if we did that. – Really? – [Connie] Yeah, how would
we have gotten home on time? – Dang it, I wish we stayed. (laughter) It’s definitely a really fun experience, so I’m glad we got to do it, and I am just looking for Shawn and Tyler. We’re gonna wrap this up tonight, so that Kayla can finish her homework, we can unpack, get cleaned up, and get ready for bed. Alright guys, this is it! – Yay! – We made it home safe and
sound with puppy dogs in hand. – Yay! – Everybody’s home, even the babies! – [All The Davises] Yay! – We didn’t think we were
gonna get them in time, but we got ’em just in time
with a couple minutes to spare before they locked the doors on us. – (squeals) Don’t squirm. – And we had a wonderful cheer experience. Right, Kayla?
– Yes. – It was fun.
– Yes. – (laughs) Good doggie’s lickin’. – Hopefully, we can show you guys some, hopefully we’re able to show
you some snippets of that and… – It was awesome. We made a lot of DFF’s
while we were there. – Yeah! – They were all over the place. – Oh my gosh! You guys are awesome!
– We met like 20. – Tons of DFF’s out there. Thank you guys so much for coming up and saying hi to us, for
those of you who did see us. And… – We love to say hi to our fans. A lot of you guys were kinda shy, and were like reluctant to come up to us. Don’t worry about it Come up, we love to say, hi. We’ll take a picture with you whatever. Just come by. We don’t bite. I promise. – Yeah, we won’t hurt your feelings. – No, no, never never. We love each and every one of you. We’re so glad that you
like watching our show, so we would love to
take a picture with you, or say hi to you, if you ever see us out
in public somewhere. So, that’s cool. – So, we hope you guys enjoyed this video. Like, subscribe, share this video with
your friends and family. And until next time… – [All The Davises] Bye! (upbeat piano music)